Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A WHITE CHRISTMAS '09

White capped mountains are following us here on the Tasman Sea. Blue-black water diamonds strung up by the wind and white foam sparkle on our x-mas tree. The MYLADY sleigh is sailing gleefully behind the little white storm sail-deer. Sailor Santa sits his (and mine) watch with dutiful involvement. And the auto steer keeps humming to x-mas tunes while correcting and re-directing over the watery dunes.
Dear friends,
We wish you and yours all of the very best. You are all, each and everyone, a special memory to us that we hold dear. Thanks for all the updates and little notes. It is food for the soul. Do take care. Share a smile. Be blessed.
We have left NZ mid Dec direction OZ and are still at sea. With fond recollections we greet you and hope to hear from you.
The MYLADY team; Eelco and MisA-le

Mi - like in Mick
sá - like in sun
lê - like in leg Mi-sá-lê (I'll return) emphasis on the middle syllable.

A gift for myself this Christmas, is a new name. Hopefully a name that all people can pronounce. Mi-sá-lê . I'll return. If not in body then in mind - to all the great places and people I've come to know. Mi-sá-lê .

For those who find Mi-sá-lê difficult they can call me by my official initials: A-M-K

When I was small, my dad would rock me on his knee after a long day's toil. Singing with tongue music added; "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (developing in a high crescendo) r r r rietjie. (As long as the little reed stands in the water - in afrikaans) ending again with r r r r r r r r." From rietjie (small reed) came Riekie into being, the nick name I used for a long time of my life. When others started to degrade the love my parents bestowed on me by calling my Riek and other abbreviations, I decided to be known by one of my given names - a name I liked - Kowie.
The sound of 'Kowie' is sharp, yet watery soft and musical - like a clear crystal chant. Unfortunately, it is but a rare few others than the African tongue that can pronounce Kowie to sound like Kowie (Kue[r]vy) - the rushing waters melody that it is. And I don't want such a beautiful name to be pronounced in a manner that I can hardly recognize my name. Worst, I don't want to be participating, by accepting.

I'll return. If not in body then in mind - to all the great places and people I've come to know. Mi-sá-lê . Take care and be blessed.